help!!!!!!!

ghinish

Reaction score
ok im new to this just flashed a rom to my droid x and when i rebooted after flash the red m will come up then it shuts off and does thisw over and over what do i do?

leftspin

Reaction score
what did you do when flashing the ROM?

what ROM did you flash and what were you coming from?

leftspin

Reaction score

leftspin

Reaction score
rsd lite is not seeing my phone

did you install the drivers from Motorola? and put the phone in bootloader?

if you did, try changing the order you did things in (like plug it in while in bootloader first and then start rsdlite, or start rsdlite and then plug the phone in while in bootloader). Also try using a different USB port, sometimes it behaves weirdly like that

OP
G

ghinish

Reaction score
it worked thanks bro your a life sav...one last question if i re root using z4root can i use my boostap to recover back to way i had it on stock gb?

leftspin

Reaction score
it worked thanks bro your a life sav...one last question if i re root using z4root can i use my boostap to recover back to way i had it on stock gb?

no problem! To tell you the truth I'm not 100% sure about that. There might be an issue going from rooted Froyo to rooted GB with the ROM manager backup, then again there may not. Give it a shot, worst thing that happens is you need to SBF again and you learn that you can't do that :)

EDIT: okay, I google'd, I don't think you can just restore a backup of GB from stock rooted Froyo, you will need to SBF to the .602 kernel (same process, different SBF file) or update using the two part prerooted GB install files in CWM

GB SBF file- http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/06/droidx-gingerbread-4-5-602-sbf-released/

Last edited:
OP
G

ghinish

Reaction score
i just did the ota update to gb2.3.3 just need to be on 2.3.4 to root it