Help!

khazdar

Reaction score
I tried to install CM7 mod that I downloaded from liberty toolbox and I rebooted into clockwork recovery and installed update from zip on sdcard. (i think that was my mistake) now i am bootlooping. i get the liberty arm and then the flying eagle just spins....

how in the world do i fix this? i need to get into clockwork recovery console but i don't know how! i have a good rom that i can install that is on my sdcard.

please help!

OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
now i am wondering if i even have clockwork recovery installed! i hold down both volume keys and the power button and it does not work. goes to stock recovery i think?

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Did you wipe data and caches before installing CM7? And did you make a nandroid before installing too?
Flashing a new rom may have removed clockwork. In that case you would have to SBF.

P.S.: You should of posted in the cyanogenmod-d2 subfourm instead of the liberty-d2 one.

Last edited:
OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
i did wipe date and caches.

well i was running liberty for d2 .9 when this happened. i used the liberty romtoolbox to download cm7 because i wanted to try a new rom... i then rebooted and installed the zip but now i bootloop and the liberty room boot logo is what keeps appearing.

how do sbf?
because now i am thinking i do not have clockwork recovery installed.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Those instructions should do it. Out of curiosity which CM7 did you try installing? Was it an official one or a Revnumbers unofficial one?

OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
It was a rev number. So I just finished following those instructions and it appeared to finish. I rebooted phone and instead of the Liberty Fist icon I saw the motorola bell icon, but then I see the liberty rom and the spinning eagle. and the eagle is spinning really fast. and it just keeps looping on that screen. what should i do now?

great... droid-life.com is N/A.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well running a full SBF should have wiped liberty ROM off completely. Did everything seem to work properly and it got to the point where it told you to reboot phone manually?

Also, be mindful of your battery. It does not charge while all of this is going on so unless you have an extra or a way to charge it you may run into trouble because you need battery power to SBF.

OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought It finished. The phone rebooted on its on after the SBF/RSDLite ran. It looked fine.. until I saw the liberty Rom and Eagle....
I do have a charger. It's at 50 right now.

OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
I think I need to go into the stock recovery and wipe data and cache, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

ahhh

pressing power and x and when you see the exclamation point, press the keyboard magnifying glass.

just did a data and cache wipe.

Success!

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I didn't even think to add that you probably need to do the wipe. I just do it not even thinking about it.

And glad you got it!! Plus now you know how to SBF which is always good to know.

OP
K

khazdar

Reaction score
Yeah! At least I know how to SBF now. Now I must try a new ROM. Either CM7 again or Fusion.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Something seems inconsistent with SBFing. If a SBF replaces everything with stock, why do you still need to wipe data and recovery?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Something seems inconsistent with SBFing. If a SBF replaces everything with stock, why do you still need to wipe data and recovery?

As far as my experience it does wipe everything, I have never had CWM or anything left from whatever ROM I was running pre-SBF. The factory reset/data wipe that you do from stock recovery is to get you past the boot loop which almost always happens after an SBF.