Help!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by rebornlaxer, Jan 18, 2010.

1. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted my Droid but got confused and didn't do any custom roms or custom anything. All I have on my phone is the Superuser thing aka the Droid Ninja.
    I am wondering if I will get notified when 2.1 is released and if not I want to know how to get the superuser thing off my phone.
    I do not want my phone to go back to stock though.
    Thank you

2. specmac

specmac Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone on the current update thread did get updated even though they had rooted the phone. The just lost root privileges when the update installed.

3. taypotts

taypotts Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will still be able to get the update OTA (over the air), but you will lose root access unless you update manually.

4. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thnx for the help I was to lazy to learn how to make custom roms when I rooted. Haha thanks

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If you don't want to receive the OTA update on most cooked ROMs you can turn the function off. Then you will not loose root. Soon enough after the official OTA someone will release a manual update (likely with a patch to allow you to keep root access). Personally I've been waiting to root mine until afterward, just me.