Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ghouLagogo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ghouLagogo

ghouLagogo New Member

Forgive me for not searching this amazingly large forum for my answer, I am on A school computer =)
    I rooted/updated my fascinate about 4 months ago.
    The exact specs are:
    Firmware: 2.21
    Baseband;i5000.04 V.EB01
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9
    Build: SCH-1500
    I was wondering:
    a). is it possible to update to 2.3 yet and if so can I from thid build?
    b). Does 2.3 contain Gingerbread, I was told I want Gingerbread
    c). is my current version Froyo? Is Froyo compatable with Gingerbread or are those 2 different os builds or something?
    I am looking for better battery life and great desktops. BT voice dialing as well. Is any of this possible?
    I have one more question, every since the update I did earlier my USB doesn't connect to my laptop correctly. Often not recognized, reinstalled driver a few times. Please help I am not due for a verizon upgrade for several months and kinda like this phone, coming from a ENV touch this was great.
  2. ghouLagogo

ghouLagogo New Member

I have pc access till 8pm...please

27 viewssomeone knows. I know I am a n00b, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve help..please
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Froyo is 2.2 and all variations of 2.2 . If you are running 2.2.1 you are on a Froyo build. Gingerbread is 2.3, the most current build of gingerbread is 2.3.5 .

I would like to preface this with, I don't have the Fascinate so I am not at all familiar with it's ROM process so I am pretty useless here. In my search for Gingerbread ROMs, the instructions all seemed a little different per ROM, and there were warnings in stickies in the forums as well with instructions. I highly suggest you do some research prior to just diving into a ROM. Samsung Fascinate Forum and Samsung Fascinate - xda-developers and Mesmerize / Fascinate should help out.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...fascinate-v1-3-2-3-5-aospish-8-14-2011-a.html <-- that ROM is 2.3.5 based (which is the most current release for a phone).
    [ROM] MIUI FascinateMTD - xda-developers <--- MIUI is 2.3.4
    [NIGHTLY] [ROM][GRJ90] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Fascinate (fascinatemtd) <-- CM7 nightlies I assume would be 2.3.5

^ Those were just a few I saw, there were some others as well. In your research for how to install them, you can pick which ROM you are most interested in.
  4. ghouLagogo

ghouLagogo New Member

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot! you have made my morning