Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

standardraiser

Reaction score
Okay, so I just got a Droid X from a friend who had put the Gingerbread OS on the phone. I've tried to use the GingerBreak with no success (it just says it is working for 30+ minutes). I have tried to do the SBF and all that but my RSD Lite doesn't even recognize the droid. I have no clue what to do and where to go. Here's all I want: wireless tethering on the phone. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mind going back to a previous OS or just getting it working here. I am new (as of today) to the Droid market...previously a BB user. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you will have to sbf back to froyo in order to get rooted gingerbread and even then i think vzw implemented some kind of a block on tethering in gingerbread iirc. have you installed the proper motorola drivers on your pc?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the Motorola website and get the drivers.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
S

standardraiser

Reaction score
THAT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Let me ask you one other question. So I got courageous and loaded the Gingerbread rooted version. I did my wireless app and Z4 root and it was working perfectly. Then I disconnected and reconnected and now it says "Limited Connectivity" and won't let my laptop access the internet. Do you know how to fix that? Is it a setting or something?

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I had the same issue one time. I did a battery pull. Worked after that, but still look thru ur settings Hando make sure.it picks up ur laptop and u allow the phone to connect with the laptop. Also try usb tethering. If that works but not wifi then there's an issue

Sent from my RubiX Focused DX

barski

Reaction score
Use barnacle wifi tether from the market. once downloaded and installed open it up and hit your menu key (far left key when looking at it) hit settings, check auto associate, access control, and then click new client actions, and make sure allow is checked. then restart the app.

that's what did it for me, i also had a driver issue on my laptop that would let me connect, but every other device in the house would..