Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Custom ROM...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can anyone explain to me what gummyjar is??? thanks

It's a custom ROM for the Droid X. A ROM is like an operating system. They are created by developers and each has their own distinct characteristics.

OP
B

bamatide86

Reaction score
Im not really an electronics guy. Ive already rooted my phone with z4root which is cool. What would the pros of gummy jar compared to what im runninng now

jcutter347

Reaction score
Getting started

First things first... Before doing ANYTHING, do research. This can be a sticky situation. I personally would go through this site and read all you can about custom ROMs. Read what problems/ issues if any people are having. Also, when looking at the ROMs, they will tell you if there are any stock apps that have been removed, or may have been built from source, etc. There is a lot of problems you can avoid by being patient and taking your time. This can be something that is very easy once you understand. This can be very easy to mess up also if you dive in head first without knowing how deep it is. Find out any apps you may need before hand too. Good luck. REMEMBER: READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FIND. A lot of info. in these forums.

turdbogls

Reaction score
^^very well said. ^^

GummyJar is a mostly blurless ROM. the stock DX software is loaded with Blur, pretty much any app on there is blur (camera, messaging, phone, contatc, e-mail ect) so if you like those, gummyjar is probably not for you. if you have used an original droid, GummyJar is extremely close to that.