Help!!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its for both...and a VERY good guide! :dancedroid:

How do I unroot? I looked at the forum you have in your sig and not sure if thats for rooting or unrootng

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you can unroot with the multiple phones link and basically complete steps 7 and on while replacing cp with rm. Or you can pick up z4root and use it to unroot (that would be a lot easier)

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually you know what? I'm looking at that thread and although its a great tutorial it doesn't actually cover unrooting. I think i'm going to send a pm to christim and see if he'll update the op. I have a few changes I'd like him to make.

tappin and a talkin

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I thought it was just me. I was confused. I am not that good with all this. Still VERY new as you can tell. I think I am going to go with the z4root method cuz it sounds easier.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya for the time being you might as well just use z4root. You can pick it up at xda. Just google z4root xda.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and you'll need an xda account to pick it up but it doesn't take long to register and its pretty usefull to have so you can pick up other files. This is of course assuming you aren't already a member.

tappin and a talkin

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I downloaded it and started it. I clicked unroot and it said it was unrooted. But I still have superuser on my phone. I got back to z4root and now it gives m the options for temp root or perm root.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I downloaded it and started it. I clicked unroot and it said it was unrooted. But I still have superuser on my phone. I got back to z4root and now it gives m the options for temp root or perm root.

Temp root, remount /system rw, remove /system/xbin/su or /system/bin/su...depending on su location, reboot.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score

Temp root, remount /system rw, remove /system/xbin/su or /system/bin/su...depending on su location, reboot.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

Sorry I am a noob ... Do I do temp root then go into root explorer?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya that will work. Temp root then use root explorer to remove superuser from system/apps

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya just delete it. I think you'll have to mount system as read write with root explorer but I don't use it so I don't know exactly how.

tappin and a talkin

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I'm in root explorer and went to system/bin ... but no su file. I went to system/xbin .... no su file either.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Or and I suppose to go to system/app and delete superuser.apk??

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya just go to system/app and delete superuser. Unrooting with z4root should take care of su in system/bin but it seems to have trouble with superuser in system/app

tappin and a talkin