Help!!!

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
Ok guys I need help here. My X has suffered many drops from around waist high and has starting acting up :( The phone wouldn't install any apps, even if they were from the market ( i could read the sd card using the FILES app, play music stored on it but not install apps from it either ) Verizon sent me a replacemnent device today and it is having the same problem. Is this my sd card telling me there is a problem? And if so why can I still access the music stored on it and read files on it???

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Have you tried swapping out SD cards to narrow down what might be causing the problem? Seems if the replacement is doing the same as the phone that has been dropped, there may be a connection between the 2 if you are using the same SD card...

OP
sboman_32

sboman_32

Reaction score
i removed the sd and tried to install an app it worked!!! seems like i have a corrupt sd card maybe?? will be taking it to a VZW store in the morning for replacement!! gotta love some VZW customer service!

scf

Reaction score
Did you try getting the info off of the SD card, then reformatting it?

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
You guys rock.. Enjoy reading geniuses that solve others problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
i removed the sd and tried to install an app it worked!!! seems like i have a corrupt sd card maybe?? will be taking it to a VZW store in the morning for replacement!! gotta love some VZW customer service!
Glad you got that part figured out..and do as SCF suggests, try and get your data off your SD card.

Did you try getting the info off of the SD card, then reformatting it?
Good eye...I forgot all about reformatting the card, was just more concerned with finding out if the card was in fact the culprit...:)

OP
sboman_32

sboman_32

Reaction score
I tried pulling all the info off the sd card and had no luck, my computer wouldn't recognize my phone like it did in the past. Verizon replaced my card lastnight :) but I lost all my pictures :(

swyped from my x :+)

scf

Reaction score
Do you still have the card? If so, there are adapters (try Walmart) to allow you to put it into a card reader and read it that way. They are standeard micro cards, and not specific to the phone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Do you still have the card? If so, there are adapters (try Walmart) to allow you to put it into a card reader and read it that way. They are standeard micro cards, and not specific to the phone.
And to go along with this great advice...[rant](Verizon shouldnt have let you leave their store without trying to pull the data off your old card in-store with a reader and a computer IMHO, as well as they should have destroyed the SD card so that it couldnt be read after they were done with it to keep anyone else from getting said images.)[rant/] There are also several applications available to get data off of hard drives and flash drive media...well worth looking into...my tool of choice is GetDataBack:)