Help with Xtralogic remote desktop

ThreeRotor

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here

I bought the xtralogic remote desktop application for work purposes and I'm having trouble connecting it to my PC.

This may be something simple I'm just missing because I suck at computers but whatever.

I've checked the box on my system settings on my PC that allows people to connect to my PC remotely. Than I've filled out my computer's IP address in the app on the droid, typed in the username and password I use on that computer, and hit connect. It doesen't connect, it says "connecting" on the screen and has a loading symbol until I turn it off or it runs out of batteries.

I have a feeling this is something simple so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Regards

OP
T

ThreeRotor

Reaction score
I am running windows vista home premium.

The devs site has a walkthrough but here is where I think the problem lies -

The IP address I am reading from the command prompt is just the general IP address of the company that makes my router. The IP addresses in the pictures on the dev's website are very different, those look like specific computers. I don't know how to find my computer's specific IP. I'll look around now...

sergey@xtralogic

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Windows Vista Home does not have Remote Desktop functionality.
You can't connect to it with the Xtralogic Remote Desktop client.

samiusmc

Reaction score
If you are trying to connect via WAN, you need to forward the ports on your router

hyunkoon

Reaction score
you need to have higher version of anything xp, vista or 7

Basic home version do not have RD function.

If you use phonemypc, you can remote your computer but it is not Remote Desktop route

However, I upgraded to Windoes 7 Ultimate to use RD function. It is so convinient.

Last edited:

ldimick

Reaction score
Have you turned off your Windows firewall? I have found that to be the problem most of the time.

OP
T

ThreeRotor

Reaction score
K, so what's this?

rdp.jpg

hyunkoon

Reaction score
you can control other computer from any version.

However, the controlled computer should not be home version.

codey

Reaction score
a secondary question

I am running windows vista premium, and have the client on my nook color. I am having a problem connecting (getting a connection failed: 'server timed out') message on my nook. i have the correct IP, however i cant find the security part of the control panel to change what clients can remote/ my computer. all i get is the 'enable remote access'. my question is thusly: is there i client i need on the comp itself, or do i need to add the nook color to the routers network and ip list?

juv3

Reaction score
What windows are u running?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk