1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with wireless tethering

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GPhiAce, May 24, 2010.

1. GPhiAce

GPhiAce New Member

I am new to all this, but catch on quick enough. Can anyone help me with tethering internet through my Droid???? Wired or wireless- although wireless would be great. I am looking for simple step by step directions. I have a stock Droid firmware v2.1 update 1, kernel v 2.6.29, and my computer is a MacBook Pro OS Xv10.6.3. Can anyone please help.
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Since you are stock go to the market and check PDaNet. I have a MacBook Pro which I tether to my Droid and it works flawlessly. Unlike you, however, I am rooted.

Mike
  3. GPhiAce

GPhiAce New Member

Thanks. Downloading it now. I am a little worried about rooting my phone. Since I have never done it before and am -- not techy. However, I have been reading the forums and everyone loves them. I would like to, but I just can't follow the threads on how to root. Especially when others are chiming in with suggestions-- I get a little overwhelmed. I know, it is pathetic. I just need a simple how to root ot the Ultimate Droid.
  4. mwhartman

I understand you concern. Like you, I was very hesitant to root my Droid. I read, read, read and read some more. When I finally decided to root, I used a tutorial http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html. It is an excellent step by step guide. At that time, my phone had 2.0.1 OS and the rooting process was different and it did not matter if you had a Mac or PC. Now, however, the rooting process uses SBF http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html which does not work on a Mac. There are work arounds.

If you have parallels or VMware you can install Windows and SBF. If not, you c an ask a friend who has a Windows box to use that computer. Finally, you revert back to 2.0.1.and root from there, I think.

Mike
  5. vedwed

vedwed New Member

No need to downgrade to root 2.1 There are great tutorials on how to do so here
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...g-root-access-you-phone-after-2-1-update.html
  6. mwhartman

Agree with the available guides. However, they are all geared towards PC not Mac so my thought was revert then root

Mike
Search tags for this page

easy tether pro help

easy tethet pro 2.1 android hacked
tether pro help