Help with Wife's Nexus!

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I need some help. I unlocked, rooted and flashed a ROM to her Nexus. She didn't like it, so I flashed a different ROM. She didn't like that one either, so she wanted to go back to stock. I used a toolkit to flash her phone back to stock, then I unlocked and rooted it again. The phone worked for a while but this afternoon, it rebooted. Now it won't get past the boot animation. She said it was like that for about an hour. Any ideas on how I can get it to work again?

Thank You!

wlemammoth

Reaction score
You should hook it to your pc and use Wug's to re-root. Should be fine after that.

OP
usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I used Wug's utility to re-flash back to stock and then re-rooted and everyghing worked great. I had used it to root initially; should have just stuck with Wug's in the first place!
Funny thing is, she didn't like the Rom, but she hates stock!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
What roms have you tried? There are at least 10 decent ones out there. I've used these and they are all very stable. I'm on a VZW/LTE GN but most of these will work on GSM as well. Just make sure you flash the right files.

JB Sourcery
Codename Android 3.5.0
Droid Concepts Jelly Bean AOSP
Bugless Beast
BAMF Paradigm

OP
usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I had put Steel Droid on it first, but she plays Song Pop and it's not compatible with 4.1.1, so I flashed ICS Sourcery. She didn't like that one. She said it didn't work right and wanted her phone stock again. But she's used to Roms and now she hates stick! lol I can't win.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I had put Steel Droid on it first, but she plays Song Pop and it's not compatible with 4.1.1, so I flashed ICS Sourcery. She didn't like that one. She said it didn't work right and wanted her phone stock again. But she's used to Roms and now she hates stick! lol I can't win.[/QUOTE

If you need ICS roms here are a few to look at: These are CDMA/LTE 4.0.4 builds:

[ROM][AOSP]LiquidSmooth-ICS-v1.5mr1 ROM[07/10/2012] - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

[ROM][AOSP] Eclipse v1.6.4 (5/29/12) - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

[ROM][4.0.4]BAMF Paradigm v1.2 - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

wlemammoth

Reaction score
Glad you got it working again. My wife uses CM9 RC1 and loves it, and before I switched to JB I always kept coming back to Team EOS's ROM, I still use it on my Xoom.

OP
usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking about just putting CM 10 on her phone just to see if song pop will work and if it does, I'll just put stock JB with the update she got prompted for this morning.

MonKENy

Reaction score
flash JBSourcery. See if she likes that. Its fluid as hell and has a TON of features and customization.

OP
usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I put codename android on it and she's happy with it. I like the Sourcery ROMs but she doesn't care so much about all of the features and options on it. Besides, when i put ICSourcery on her phone, i spent way too much time playing with all of the settings!