help with verizon

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dumpyloser, Mar 10, 2010.

1. dumpyloser

dumpyloser Member

Ratings:
    +26
    OK, so when I bought my droid, I pulled the SD card and insterted my 8gb from my storm (temprorarily until I could get my files switched over). When I did, It wouldn't boot... it would just show the red eye and droid over and over. I overlooked it as just something with the sd card and kept on using it. However, the problem has never really went away even with the stock sd card (the sd was never the problem) and sometimes it takes 20 minutes to cut my phone on after it resets or something. I have rooted my phone and put new roms/kernals on and it hasn't helped one bit. I am taking it back to vzw tomorrow ( I am in the process of trying to get it unrooted now), but I want to know what questions they will ask me.... like when I returned my storm numerous times, they would tell me to do a soft reset, if that didn't work, uninstall new apps, if that didn't work, wipe the phone... I guess my question is I am not going to do that because I'm not stupid and I know it won't help, but what is the process that they are going to try to put me through so I can tell them I've already done it?

Is there a way to wipe an unrooted phone?
    has anyone else done a return for a hardware problem and went through this drill?

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    It's the same hoop jumping with the Droid as the Storm....Reboot, Soft Reset, Hard Reset....I would go back to stock unrooted....then get it exchanged.

Wiping a rooted phone is the same as a Hard Reset on an unrooted phone.

3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Wipe data wipe cache..install update.zip take it back in. Thats how I would do it

4. dumpyloser

dumpyloser Member

Ratings:
    +26
    the guy didn't ask any questions except had I tried pulling the battery... thanks guys!