1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with understanding file structure please?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by Wongway, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Wongway

Wongway New Member

I'm confused...

I upgraded to a DX2 from the original Droid (surprisingly, I like the old Droid's screen better than the new one's...)

Anyways, I took the 16GB SD card from the Droid and just popped it into the DX2. Now I find that the card is split into different partitions with similar file structures on two partitions.

The computer reads one directory as D:\MOT, and reads all the information on the OG Droid as L:\

What happened here and why?
    And how can I reunify my entire card that's now split into at least two smaller drives?
  2. Wongway

Wongway New Member

Eh, I think I'm an idiot...
    I believe there's an extra 4gigs built into the phone I didn't realize... thereby making it look to me as if my sd cards got split.
  3. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah good catch. I just found that out too.
Search tags for this page

how to understand the files structure in android phones