Help with Ultimate Droid Rom : "New Era"

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by hondabomdc5, May 9, 2010.

1. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So i have UD10 installed now and i want to install the new UD New Era one. I downloaded the update.zip and renamed it neupdate.zip, then placed it on the root of my sd card using astro. Then i rebooted into recovery and chose install rom from sd card, and no where do i see the update.zip file.

So can somebody help me out with this, i am somewhat of a noob and i really wanna get this new UD version. So if somebody who has already done it could do a dummies guide to installing it, then that would be freaking saweet.

2. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You don't need to rename it to neupdate. Just leave it as update zip, boot into sprecovery, choose allow update.zip, then install update.zip.

3. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ok i got that to work, i also want to install a theme, and this is what it says on his forum ..... Ultimate Droid Smoked Theme - Update.zip Format (Use after rom installation)

so, for me to install this, do i need to put this on the root of my sd card and then go back into recovery and do the same thing???

4. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup. Just delete or rename the previous zip for the actual rom so you don't confuse the two. And ofcourse make a back up before applying the theme

5. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what kernels are you guys using?

6. cesarderio57

cesarderio57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im using the low voltage 1300 bekit with new era and its blazing fast and no fcs even with custom font and ud themed helix 2 launcher. Im in love. UD rocks

7. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how did you get helix 2?
    did you download it from the market?

8. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    so i can rename the update.zip that i just applied, and then i can have the update.zip for the theme and then go back into recovery mode and then install the update.zip for theme overtop of the New Era Rom?

And to the other guy, i dont know what kernel im using, i wish i knew how to upload different kernels, i wish is was easy, like how he used to have the UD Customizer thing

9. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hey bro, would you mind telling me how to load up kernels, i want whatever one you have since you said it works fast

10. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I moved the origanal new era update off the root of my sd card, and I then placed the udtheme.zip on the root of my sd card. I then proceeded to go into recovery mode and hit install .zip and it then trys to do it but then it says something like it can't open .zip from sd card or somethng and it then tells me that the thing was aborted. Can somebody please help me out

11. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Like the rom itself, it needs to be named "update.zip" also.

Also that is the same way you install kernels. Download the kernel put it on your root of the sd card rename it update.zip and install like the rom and the theme. Like said before though. after one Update.zip install you need to go to that file on your sdcard and rename it before putting another update.zip on the root.

12. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh just tried the LV 1300 bek and my droid was on FIRE. It was so fast and smooth, however the browser kept crashing and other strange stuff was happening... flashed back to 1000 SV.... bummer.

13. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, so I already put the update.zip on my sd card which was for the actual rom, now I need to rename it. When I rename it, do I need to leave the .zip at the end of iit or what? Next, I need to put the udtheme.zip on my sd card root and then install that through recovery mode. After that's done, I need to then rename that file also. Then I need to pick a kernel and download it and and put it on the root of my sd card. Then go back into recovery mode and install the kernel .zip like the previous ones. Is all this correct? I wanna make sure I understand this before I go and do it again.

14. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    With SPrecovery EVERYTHING needs to be renamed to update.zip

15. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So are you saying to leave everything named as update.zip, and then once I have loaded it up, I need to change the name of it on the sd card before I load another update.zip. is this correct?