Help With Transition From LGB 0.8

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I am going to take the plunge and give CM7 a whirl. I just purchased the Team Black Hat app to allow me to SBF without a computer. If I understand correctly, I should now perform a complete Titanium Backup and create a restore point?

Once that is complete how do I use the TBH app to SBF? I don't want to blow this since I don't have a PC available (just a Mac) until Tuesday

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I am going to take the plunge and give CM7 a whirl. I just purchased the Team Black Hat app to allow me to SBF without a computer. If I understand correctly, I should now perform a complete Titanium Backup and create a restore point?

Once that is complete how do I use the TBH app to SBF? I don't want to blow this since I don't have a PC available (just a Mac) until Tuesday

With black hat's sbf you flash it like a ROM. you HAVE TO clear data and cache before flashing. Definitely back up with Ti. But, if you use the google sync backup thingumbob, your apps will begin downloading once you get the market installed.

With the black hat app you can also get the RSDLite, that's the way I went and I had no issues.

Remember that cm7 does not have google apps, you have to install ROM manager and DL from there (for the non-market app anyway). I used the newest ones and they worked fine.

It is definitely worth the switch, it's fully a daily for me. The bugs other people reported have not affected me or my usage.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can I get this sbf flashable zip? Is there a link anywhere kc? The main thing holding me back is the sbf part. I don't have a pc so if i ever need to sbf, i have to go on a search for a computer

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
OK, so I did a full back up, created a restore point, installed the Black Hat App file on SD card, rebooted into clockwork, wipe data, wipe cache...Now, do I need to mess with mount/unmount options prior to flashing the file?

Update; went ahead and flashed the file, message said "error, failed at updating radio image". per what I read at another thread regarding this same issue, I went ahead and rebooted. I am now at the original welcome screen. What next?

Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have just applied the Froyo SBF via the Black Hat zip, as far as I can tell.

Use this to root:

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

After that go to the link below:

Motorola Droid 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

...and start with step called:

Installing the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap with the ClockworkMod Recovery

There are also rooting steps on that page using ADB (requires the Android SDK, more involved process) that you can look over if you have a pc and are interested in more capabilities (ADB allows you to connect your D2 to your PC and manipulate settings/files, etc., but it's all command line/Linux commands based).

Have fun. :)

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
All done, up and running! No major problems. Are there alternate themes available for this ROM yet?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
All done, up and running! No major problems. Are there alternate themes available for this ROM yet?

Tons...three are included in the default load - run the theme app that is already loaded on your phone.

For more search in the Market for "CM7 theme" or similar.

Synergy is very popular.

I run Vivid (99cents), a thorough and beautiful theme.

XanRules

Reaction score
Now, assuming we didn't want to use the Team Black Hat, do we have a user-friendly tutorial on SBFing here?

EDIT: disregard that, it's on the wiki.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
About to say, there is a ton of tutorials on the forums, google and youtube. Let me know if you need any help with it

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0