1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with transferring data to new phone

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ultprthead, May 15, 2011.

1. ultprthead

ultprthead New Member

Hello-

I cracked my Fascinate and broke the screen. Oops! Went and bought a Charge today. The rep stated to simply sync with my gmail account *which i rarely use* and that all of my contacts would flood over.

I synced and only about 10% of my contacts came over. I went as far as inserting my old sd card from my fascinate and still nothing.

ANy help would be appreciated. I cannot get the fascinate to boot up, so i assume connecting to a computer won't help. Also, my apps are gone pics too...any ideas...I had just gotten the fascinate in November, coming from an iphone on ATT. Rather new to the whole android scene. Thanks!
  2. potterdood

potterdood New Member

mine wouldn't work either, and it use to always work when I restored my Incredible, so this is what I had to do. go onto your fascinate(if possible) and go into your contacts and export to sd card, then put that on your laptop, then on your new sd card, then put it back in and go to contacts and import. It worked for me, but I've noticed a few contacts won't transfer still, but I got 99% back.
  3. hooskins

hooskins New Member

Go to gmail on a computer and look at your contacts there. Do you see the other 90 percent? If you do, try the sync again. If you don't the additional contacts on your phone may not have been associated to your gmail account. Are the contacts work contacts on a ln exchange server? You just need to setup email(non gmail) and those will sync then.

I am pretty sure you have to associate your contacts with some sort of email account. Exchange, Gmail, etc.
  4. ultprthead

ultprthead New Member

They are not in mail on the computer...i can't findustry the sim card in the fascinated...only the sd card...why do i think i am screwed...and night exchange server

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. hooskins

hooskins New Member

I highly doubt contacts aren't being "lost". Only contacts associated to your gmail account will be brought over when syncing with your gmail account. Again, they could've been contacts from Facebook, an Exchange account (work email accounts alot of the time), etc. All of these will be brought over once you add Facebook, Exchange, etc. to your phone.
  6. hooskins

hooskins New Member

So when you log onto gmail on a computer you don't see the other contacts, only the ten percent that made it to your phone?

That must mean your other contacts are associated to something else. Facebook?
  7. hooskins

hooskins New Member

If you cant find another account yout contacts are associated to I would go back to the Verizon store, and ask them to retrieve it from the old SD card. Unless you have a SD card reader at home which would allow you to do the same on your own.
  8. ultprthead

ultprthead New Member

I will try that tomorrow...if they were on the old phone, they have to be on sd card correct? Our could they have been stored internal memory?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
cracked my phone went att retrieve data pics etc no help
droid sch-i510 transfer to sd card
hiw to move pictures to sd card on samsung sch 1510 phone

how do you transfer data from your phone to sd card on a sam

how to transfer data from samsung fascinate
how to transfer pictures from sim to sim on samsung captivat
i had an android phone with date on the sim card and went to
samsung charge moving data to new phone
samsung mesmerize transfer files broken screen
transfer data from samsung fascinate to new phone