Help with theming

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Rodeojones, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

Forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere, but I figured since so many great themers work on PE ROMs I might get my question answered.

I'm working on a theme for PE6.5 and I'm having trouble locating some images. I thought I knew where they were, but I haven't had any success finding them. I'd like to make the background for the lockscreen sliders (whether it be the stock slider, rotary, or rotary revamped) completely transparent - basically I don't want to see anything behind the unlock/sound tabs. But I cannot locate these images to replace them. Can someone tell me where I might find them? Thanks in advance!
  2. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

system/framework-res.apk/drawable-hdpi/jog*.png
    system/framework-res.apk/drawable-land-hdpi/jog*.png

jog_tab*.png are the main ones for the slider ones. jog_tag_target*.png are for the spots to bring the slider to,

jog_dial*.png are for rotary (as are jog_dial_dimple*.png)

those? if so, you can yank them out of my pYrple mYx which makes them transparent for the sliders. my rotary isn't transparent, though. hope that helps! :)

best,
    rf
  3. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

Thanks Rabbit! This is exactly what I was looking for. I ended up figuring out which ones were for the rotary images, but I was still unsure about the standard slider. I did as you suggested and just pulled your images directly from your ROM - saved me some time. So thanks for that as well.
  4. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

no problem at all. i pulled them from somewhere else, as well :)

post some screenshots when you're done. i'd love to see the final product.

best,
    rf
  5. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

It's still very much a work in progress. And like every other theme I've made in the past, I'm not sure I'll release it. I make them for myself based upon my own personal taste (although I'm sure many themers started out that way). I like simple black and white themes and although there are a few good ones out there for PE 6.5, none have everything I want. This is the first theme where I've pretty much started from scratch instead of using someone else's theme as a base. So there's still lots of XML editing to be done. Anyway, thanks again for the help. Here are a couple screen shots of what I have done so far (I need to edit News and Weather a bit more to make the widget transparent - that's the look I'm going for with the majority of this theme).

Attached Files:

6. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

i like it! i'd like to see that released once those widgets and XMLs are done :)

best,
    rf