Help with Sony Playstation 3

samiusmc

Reaction score
I know this is off topic but I can't find an answer on this and there are so many smart people on this forum I decided to give it a shot.

I use my PS3 slim 120g to stream movies from Netflix. This requires a Netflix disk and a broadband connection. I have both but recently the PS3 has been freezing while I'm trying to watch a movie. I did a factory reset, tried a new Netflix disk, rebooted my router but nothing is working.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please help. If not, can someone think of anything I missed that can resolve this issue. Your help is much appreciated.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is off topic but I can't find an answer on this and there are so many smart people on this forum I decided to give it a shot.

I use my PS3 slim 120g to stream movies from Netflix. This requires a Netflix disk and a broadband connection. I have both but recently the PS3 has been freezing while I'm trying to watch a movie. I did a factory reset, tried a new Netflix disk, rebooted my router but nothing is working.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please help. If not, can someone think of anything I missed that can resolve this issue. Your help is much appreciated.

First off i moved it to the off-topic section ;)

Secondly, me and my friend both had just gotten a netflix disk, he has a 120 i have the 250 model, both work flawlessly. Though if anything changes though i will deff let you know, if you haven't already gotten a fix for it.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

First off i moved it to the off-topic section ;)

Secondly, me and my friend both had just gotten a netflix disk, he has a 120 i have the 250 model, both work flawlessly. Though if anything changes though i will deff let you know, if you haven't already gotten a fix for it.

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum. I've had my PS3 for 3 months and it was working flawlessly but all of a sudden, it just started freezing even though I didn't change anything. I don't have a fix so let me know if you experience something similar. Thanks!

topeteeric

Reaction score
What you need to do is go into your BDUtilities folder and delete everything that is in there, including netfilx file. Then go ahead and throw your netflix disc in and run it, to do the netflix registration and setup from scratch. This should resolve your issue.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
1. My connection is a Comcast high speed internet. I don't know the exact speed.
2. I already tried deleting the BD folder and re-activating the disk. It didn't work.
3. The PS3 freezes, not the movies I'm watching. Yesterday, I put the Netflix disk in and before I could even select a movie, the PS3 froze.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm thats weird. It doesn't freeze in games or watching normal blurays or anything?

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
how fast is your connection?

Hmm thats weird. It doesn't freeze in games or watching normal blurays or anything?

It plays games and movies fine. It just has a problem streaming Netflix. That's what's so strange about it. My research shows others have identical issues but I can't find a fix.