Help with some personilzation with new app.

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got this new AVG anti-virus app like the guy at verizon told me to do but when I downloaded it it said on the lockscreen, ' This phone belongs to ---, protected by anti-virus'. So what I need help with is getting my name where the hyphens are. I have tried settings very many times and I have tried the apps settings a couple times as well. So if anyone had done this and knows how to do this can you please help me out. Thanks!
-Seth R.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
apparently verizon employees have the intelligence level close to that of autozone employees...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon employees, while their intelligence might sometimes be questionable do and say what has been scripted to them - so you really can't blame them for relaying bad information...luckily there are people who know better

As far as your "Anti Virus" application, you are best to uninstall it as there are no "Viruses" on Android based systems - you should also uninstall the task killer that they probably suggested that you install also ---> Reason Why

...if you still want help setting up your virus app, we will be glad to help but it really is a waste of time, resources, and battery life -

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ditch the AV....Not needed and just wastes battery

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
^All these... and for the future so yourself a favor and DON'T listen to anything a VZW rep tells you (at least in regards to what you 'need' on your phone they are, as said above pretty clueless...

OP
N

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
I think I'll keep the app to stay safe even if there aren't virus. Thank's for everyones input on the topic and if anyone knows how to help out and have a little time on their hands I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
-Seth R.

B

bthomp21

have you rebooted your phone after making changes to the settings?

arrjaytea

Reaction score
I think I'll keep the app to stay safe even if there aren't virus. Thank's for everyones input on the topic and if anyone knows how to help out and have a little time on their hands I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
-Seth R.

So basically you're taking the word of your Verizon rep over doing any of your own homework or checking any of the resources listed here.

Seems reasonable.

rolopez2011

Reaction score
Mine did that too. But I got to change mine? Did you find the setting for it? Or no

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
There are bad programs that send personal information to external servers. There was a story in the news yesterday about a new Android "virus". I wonder if these anti virus programs can pick those up and either disable them or at least notify you that there is a problem. New Android virus “MSO.PJApps” caught in China

OP
N

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
Hey rolopaz2011. I was wondering if you had the specific AVG anti-virus app. Also, in response to your questions I don't really know what you where asking. I also wanted to ask if you solved the problem of getting your name up there on the lock screen and if you did how?