Help with SNesoid pleaasseee

jf2oo6

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how this app works. I would like to get super mario on my phone. so far from what i understand i have to download the snesoid app from the market, then download roms online?

if so does anyone know where i can download these roms? then after i do that how do i get them on the phone?

any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

Tight686

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this website doesn't allow talk of sharing ROMs/ROM sites but a google search will help loads. Just search "SNES roms Vimm".

=D

and I've never used SNESnoid, but it may ask you to create a 'ROMS' folder on your SD card, whereas you would put the files in there.

Happy Gaming

LordKastle

Reaction score
ROMS are completely legal to download...many just say that you should own the game for piracy concerns.

I find the idea that gaming companies would like to keep classic games out of the consciousness of the current generations absolutely mindless and pointless. Think about it...except for maybe a "Classic Games" type of release on current consoles, what better way to celebrate the vintage systems by playing roms and extending the lifetime of these games up until the last days of humanity..

s3ntaur

Reaction score
jf2006-

Hey man I have Hundreds of nes and snes roms. I just copied them over to my droid mem card today. I am going to download SNesnoid and check it out later today. Send me a PM and I will set you up with access to my FTP server and you can download all my romz.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a poor experience with this app. I ended up just sticking with Gameboid instead.

There is a good review on 'Know Your Mobile' and can be found here ... SNesoid review - Android Application Reviews - Know Your Mobile

Needless to say, my experience was spot on with this review.

The developer of this app is also the same developer of Gameboid so he does have skills. It's just that the SNES stuff is a little more demanding on physical hardware.

s3ntaur

Reaction score
SNESoid and NEWoid lite versions work great. Whats is the difference between the lite version and the full versions.

Rabidkeebler

Reaction score
Okay,

1-Roms are technically illegal. You are "kinda" allowed to have it if you already own a copy of the game for "protection" purposes. This is why you don't see many legit ROM sites on the internet. Most are virus sites, but there are legit ones out there. My recommendation is to use Torrent sites and use BitTorrent to download ROMS, again still a little dangerous but depending on the site you can read peoples comments and they are generally truthful.

2-To put the ROMS onto the phone, you need to do several things. First, plug in your cellphone using the USB cord into your computer. Second, from the drag down menu on the top of the Droid screen, there will be two options, one is for protection and the other for downloading, select the downloading and then select the anchor option. Now my computer tried to read it as a new piece of hardwar, cancel that option and select the portable drive selection from your "My Computer" on your computer. From there, you will have access to the memory card inside the phone. Just create a new folder called ROMS, and drag any ROMS from your computer onto that card. When you are done, close out, tell the computer to detach the portable drive, tell your phone to detach, and it will begin reading the card again.

s3ntaur

Reaction score
1.) Really,, whois going to turn you in for having ROMS.. come on now.

2). Or you could just take your mem card out of your phone and access it via a card reader and make a folder called Roms and drag and drop all your roms there. If anyone needs any games for SNES or NES . Let me know what games you are looking for and I will hook it up. They are small files. ZIP and email.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Haven't tested out any of the emulators just yet...just remembering NESticle on my old PC and Punchout!...such a classic.

But..whats the deal with the Lite and paid versions? Any difference in quality.

I know a lot of you have been talking about SNES but do not forget about the original NES. Any of you looking for an off-the wall game to try? Friday the 13th. - Better than expected. Trust me. The game will probably scare you - No joke.

Smity

Reaction score
SNESoid and NEWoid lite versions work great. Whats is the difference between the lite version and the full versions.

The paid versions let you use save states and now the creater has add "rotate 270" which let's you play the droid upside down which in turn let's you use the dpad on the correct side ;)