Help With sim unlock - when it's too late

Reader

Reaction score
So, I've bought the new droid 2 global for my self and it is a really nice phone.
But there are two problems
1. Its sim locked to verizon
2. I'm not in the USA and the phone was not activated there.

So, I've read a bit in the forum and outside and all the places that speaks about opening the simlock says that calling Verizon is the way to do it.

But - I don't know how to call them from outside the states nor if they help me and the question is -> Is there a way to unlock the Motorola Droid 2 Global without Verizon - either by code or by USB cable (preferred) and if so - where.

Thanks

skaskater1

Reaction score
unlocking

hey boss i have a D2G i unlocked with a code from unlockshack.com for 10$ they emailed it fairly quickly i think about 30 mins, its not garunteed on every phone but i did it with no activation just poped my sim in and the code screen came up then restarted phone and did the touch 4 corners to skip activation and bam good to go, give that a try it may work for you as well.

EDIT: when code screen came up i entered unlock code then restarted my phone, and dont forget this does NOT unlock it for US Bands.

Last edited:
OP
R

Reader

Reaction score
hey boss i have a D2G i unlocked with a code from unlockshack.com for 10$ they emailed it fairly quickly i think about 30 mins, its not garunteed on every phone but i did it with no activation just poped my sim in and the code screen came up then restarted phone and did the touch 4 corners to skip activation and bam good to go, give that a try it may work for you as well.

The link is actually theunlockshack unlockshack gave me a goDaddy links page. But yes, for a 8.99$ (though they said 4$ on home page) they sent me a code in 30 seconds and it worked.

EDIT: when code screen came up i entered unlock code then restarted my phone, and dont forget this does NOT unlock it for US Bands.

Its Ok, I'll probably switch 3 or 4 phones before I'll get to the US

mcwild11

Reaction score
Hi
I too recently bought Droid 2 locked to Verizon.
Used theunlockshack as recommended here.

Unfortunately, verizon changed the unlock codes and updated them over the air in the phones.
Now you HAVE to follow the verizon procedure to get the codes from them :-( (until the codes leak to unlocker databases again)

Good news was that the theunlockshack provided instant refund.

Now to find some Verizon customer that will help me get the code from them. (I live in CZ, Europe)
They will not speek to me if I dont provide my customer data :-(

If somebody with Verizon account is willing to help, please PM me, or email me to mcwildATcentrumDOTcz

projektorboy

Reaction score
A few days ago I received a functioning D2G unlock code from Unlock_Fusion on eBay.

I received the code in 3 hours and it only cost me $6.

Here's a link to the user in question. When you buy the code, you will receive an email from the seller that asks you for a couple specific things. If you provide him with accurate info, your unlock code will work.

eBay My World - unlock_fusion

yanosh11

Reaction score
theUNLOCKSHACK IS A SCAM

Theunlockshack.com is a total ripoff... you most likely will receive and email they cant find your code and pleasa wait 7 days till you get your refund it ususally faster but wait 7 days
wall 3 weeks no refund i had to file a dispute through my debitcard to get money back..
be aware..i found some sites where you find positive posts but trust me those probably the same scammers who maintain the site
do your research online and see yourself...

ih8iphones

Reaction score
Ebay is the best got my xperia play unlocked for 1.99

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk 2