1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with SD Card!!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by patriotaki, Jul 17, 2012.

1. patriotaki

patriotaki New Member

So i bought galaxy s3 yesterday and i tried to move some installed apps on the external SD Card with no luck.In the app info there is no "move to sd" button.Also i installed app 2 sd application and i had this message
    "this device not have a real primary external storage or the primary storage is emulated" . Also i installed hot pursuit from blackmart and it wont play its stuck on EA Logo!
  2. mkstn

mkstn New Member

you have to use the stock app My Files. The sd card shows as extSdCard. I not found a way to move apps to or from the sd card.
  3. patriotaki

patriotaki New Member

i think installed apps cant be moved with myfiles
  4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

You can't move apps to the SD card on the S3. It's not the first Android phone as of late to not support it. If you look at the file structure of the device, the internal storage is called "sdcard" while the actual sdcard is called "extSdCard." That's what the message you saw is referring to - the actual SD card isn't considered to be primary storage by the OS. It's just secondary storage for personal files (music, movies, documents, etc.). Google has been trying to get manufacturers to move away from including a SD card slot altogether, so we'd lucky to have it at all. But as of right now, you can't install apps to it.
Search tags for this page
app2sd emulated
emulated sd card
emulated storage s3 dissapeared

galaxy s3 emulated sd card

how do i make card primary storage razr m
how to get s4 to use new sd card as primary card

how to make sd card primary storage on galaxy s3

how to un emulate sd card

primary external storage is emulated

real primary external storage
s3 storage emulated