Help With SBF Instructions Please

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I have searched and searched and all the directions I find for SBFing a stuck Droid 2 seem a bit jumbled and confusing. Is there a clear and easy to follow process anywhere that you might recommend?

pressguy27

Reaction score
Go to the stickys in the d2 hack forum and there is a thread call d2 hack/rom install class that will help you out

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I have looked there, it is unclear weather I need to use the "system only SBF File" or the "full SBF File"

I have seen recommendations to use RSD lite 4.7, 4.7 with patch, 4.8 (recommended in thread), 4.9...ect.

Not clear to me what exactly I need to do?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't you pm me on this or east that someone else? If not, let's me know. I'll pm you my number and ill talk you through it. Make it real easy for ya.

You use the full sbf, rsd lite 4.9 and the latest drivers for your phone and computer.
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Where might I find the RSD lite 4.9 download? I can only seem to find 4.8 and 4.7 with patch. The one I find is an RAR file and my computer doesn't want to open it.

I found the 4.9 Zip and was able to get it loaded properly. I am now waiting for the Complete System file to finish downloading. Do I need to re-name anything prior to running?

Last edited:
OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Alright, I have been trying to get this done for about 4 hours now and am losing my patience. I have finally gotten all the necessary files downloaded and now, when I open RSD Lite 4.9 it will not recognize the SBF file.

I put the SBF File on my desktop and renamed it FullSBF. When I open RSD Lite and click the "..." tab to find the SBF it acts like there is no files anywhere. I uninstalled and re-installed RSD 4.9 thinking something may have gone wrong but, same deal. I have about 3 more hours to get this done or I am SOL until next week so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
You don't need to rename the sbf if the file doesnt have the .sbf at the end, rsd won't recognize it. If its in
.txt format you downloaded the wrong one.

"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
You don't need to rename the sbf if the file doesnt have the .sbf at the end, rsd won't recognize it. If its in
.txt format you downloaded the wrong one.

"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

Thank You! That was the problem, I forgot to put the .(dot) before the sbf. Did that, ran the program and it looks like I am back on track.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's never a great idea to rename files. The sbfs i've dl are either dot sbf or dot zip (in which case ill extract the file to my desktop) works everytime. Glad you're up and running though

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9