Help with Rooting, Titanium Backup, and installation of Google Voice

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Where did you get RSD lite from? Maybe try here, could have gotten a bad download maybe?

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/rsdlite

Yeah thats a great question. i dont know... i thought when i downloaded it i get it from the link in your "all eggs in one basket" thread. But anyways...thanks to you it looks like i now have the correct version of rsd lite. So i deleted all the other files except for the moto drivers and i am re-downloading the VRZ file now. Im going to extract it into a new folder on my desktop and try this whole process again and i am hoping it works. Im currently waiting for my phone to charge to 100% before i do anything though

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think it will go much better this time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
in progress as we speak... its at 11/16 flash system "system.img" and its been there for awhile now....getting a little nervous

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ALRIGHT it worked. THank you SOSOSO much SYDMAN...now i think i am going to factory data reset and then re-root the phone

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Did the FDS and then immediately ROOTED my phone. Everything went smoothly and I have root again and now I am in the process of getting all my apps and syncing my accounts and whatnot. I am going to download Titanium Backup and follow that link you provided and freeze all those un-needed apps. WHO knows....maybe it will improve battery life a little bit. I am also going to follow Foxcats battery thread and charge the battery next time to 100% while my phone is off. I think the next big thing i would like to do now that i am rooted again is to find a way that is EASY to get a really good and stable version of GOOGLE NOW on my phone

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Glad you got it working.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Glad you got it working.

Thank you sir. I definitely know alot more about the rooting process thanks to your help.

Would you happen to know anything about using set cpu? I want to figure out some good profiles to set that will still allow the phone to be fast and also help conserve some battery

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No I have never been one to over clock or under clock things. I know Mattyp under clocks his phone you might ask him what setting he uses.

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
No I have never been one to over clock or under clock things. I know Mattyp under clocks his phone you might ask him what setting he uses.

Can u help me? Ive got Droid Razr 4.0.4 Verizon & i want to get recovery but idk how & idk wat fastbook is or wat safestap is im so confused on how to do utility 1.8 :( i need help plz!

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Sydman....So i have been doing some research about ROMS. I would like to install one. I found this one [Rom][1.01]Droid Hd - DroidRzr.com .

It is pretty much the UI from the new RAZR phones. I really like the UI and want it on my OG RAZR. After researching it seems as if I need to install Safestrap. Im not to familiar with it but I have been reading up on it. I found a stick on it in the Hacks threads but the first post is dated from a couple of months ago and I was wondering if everything is still good with the sticky.

What would be your suggestion on getting safestrap on my phone so that I can flash this awesome rom.....which BTW has google now built into it...can you say awesome.

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Sydman....So i have been doing some research about ROMS. I would like to install one. I found this one [Rom][1.01]Droid Hd - DroidRzr.com .

It is pretty much the UI from the new RAZR phones. I really like the UI and want it on my OG RAZR. After researching it seems as if I need to install Safestrap. Im not to familiar with it but I have been reading up on it. I found a stick on it in the Hacks threads but the first post is dated from a couple of months ago and I was wondering if everything is still good with the sticky.

What would be your suggestion on getting safestrap on my phone so that I can flash this awesome rom.....which BTW has google now built into it...can you say awesome.

use the one on the utility 1.8 and it should be option 5. flash safestrap

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can u help me? Ive got Droid Razr 4.0.4 Verizon & i want to get recovery but idk how & idk wat fastbook is or wat safestap is im so confused on how to do utility 1.8 :( i need help plz!

Yeah you can side load safe strap with the RAZR utility version 1.8 or 1.81.

I have never used it before though, I use Clockwork for my recovery since I don't flash Roms.

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Yeah you can side load safe strap with the RAZR utility version 1.8 or 1.81.

I have never used it before though, I use Clockwork for my recovery since I don't flash Roms.

Do i have to do fastbook? and if so wat does it do ? im not rooted yet im still on offical 4.0.4 stock

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do i have to do fastbook? and if so wat does it do ? im not rooted yet im still on offical 4.0.4 stock

No fast booting is for when you need to get your phone back to the stock ICS from say the .215 leak or you need to unroot.