Help with rooting my phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by stevenjf88, Nov 30, 2010.

1. stevenjf88

stevenjf88 New Member

I have a Droid Eris. I installed 2.1 and went through the steps. I then proceeded to install a rom. I put it on the sd and downloaded rom manager from the market. I clicked on "Flash clockworkmod recovery". It seems like it goes through the process but it never ask for user permission like the youtube tutorials suggest. I then choose "reboot into recover":OK, and the phone does not reboot.
    Any ideas?
  2. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

Hmmm....If you have Rom Manager, get the paid version, then you'll need to re-install the Rom, but make sure to check wipe data/cache. That oughtta fix ya up. dancedroid
  3. stevenjf88

stevenjf88 New Member

I am REALLY new to all this stuff and If I could turn back now, I would. However, after my 2.1 upgrade, google maps and navigation stopped working and that was the most important feature for my business.
    I then read that a custom rom is the last step to the complete root and is the solution to my google maps issue.....

What is wipe data/cache? Why does the free version work for so many others? What makes you sure that the paid version will work better?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

You probably arent rooted correctly, retry the rooting process again. IDK about the process of rooting an Eris so I cant really help you, sorry.