1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with rooting my phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by stevenjf88, Nov 30, 2010.

1. stevenjf88

stevenjf88 New Member

I have a Droid Eris. I installed 2.1 and went through the steps. I then proceeded to install a rom. I put it on the sd and downloaded rom manager from the market. I clicked on "Flash clockworkmod recovery". It seems like it goes through the process but it never ask for user permission like the youtube tutorials suggest. I then choose "reboot into recover":OK, and the phone does not reboot.
    Any ideas?
  2. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

Hmmm....If you have Rom Manager, get the paid version, then you'll need to re-install the Rom, but make sure to check wipe data/cache. That oughtta fix ya up. dancedroid
  3. stevenjf88

stevenjf88 New Member

I am REALLY new to all this stuff and If I could turn back now, I would. However, after my 2.1 upgrade, google maps and navigation stopped working and that was the most important feature for my business.
    I then read that a custom rom is the last step to the complete root and is the solution to my google maps issue.....

What is wipe data/cache? Why does the free version work for so many others? What makes you sure that the paid version will work better?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

You probably arent rooted correctly, retry the rooting process again. IDK about the process of rooting an Eris so I cant really help you, sorry.