1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Rooting Droid 2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Trizzle, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Trizzle

Trizzle New Member

I have tried using the 1-2-3 method from darkonion, and I have gotten to here

[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit (C) 2010 by 743C

[*] checking NPROC limit ...
    [+] RLIMIT_NPROC={3815, 3815}
    [*] Searching for adb ...
    [+] Found adb as PID 1148
    [*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!
    [*]
    [*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to
    [*] 7-4-3-C@web.de so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.
    [*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,
    [*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!
    [*]
    [*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
    Reconnecting in 20 sec...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *

Checking for devices...

Now I know in order for it to recognize my device, USB debugging has to be on and in the notification bar. The first time it tried recognizing my device earlier in the process, I turned the phone off and back on again and it immediately recognized it. The next time I tried the same thing, only it didn't work. The USB debugging icon will not appear in the notification bar, whether its in PC mode or in Charge Only mode. Also, it doesn't recognize its plugged in at all unless I have USB debugging on, and if I unplug the phone straight from there, it doesn't recognize it was unplugged.

Any help would be appreciated :)
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Z4root would have been MUCH easier!

DroidForums junkie!!
  3. Trizzle

Trizzle New Member

Are you recommending to just abandon what I have started and just go for Z4root?
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I do not think you are having a problem with your device being recognized. That info you typed is exactly what you are supposed to see with Darkonions program. It is running Rageagainstthecage for all that output to be spit out. The * daemon started successfully * indicates that your phone is recognized.

The problem is that we do not know if Rageagainst the cage actually ran properly. Darkonion puts the system to sleep for 5 min to give the Rage application time to complete. If all goes well, it only takes about 90 seconds.

I rewrote his program, because I could not make his work on my phone very well. I posted it at this link if you want to try it. It is exactly the same as his, except I get rid of a lot of the "checking" that his app does.
    I use it to root and unroot my phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/105896-click-root-unroot-droid-2-a.html

Just download the attached file. Save it to your desktop, and unzip it.
    Hook your phone to the computer, make sure you are "PC Mode" under usb connections. You should see a "Droid 2" in your "open apps" section at bottom of your computer.

Open the unzipped folder and double click Root.bat. It should work fine, Just choose option 1 to root the phone.

Hope this helps.

PS if rageagainstthe cage runs properly your phone will turn off and come back on, and the Droid 2 Icon on bottom will go away until the phone comes back on and you will see "Reconnecting in 20 sec..." and the rest of the program outputs while it finishes up.
  5. lizard

lizard New Member

Settings>applications>development, then check usb debegging enabled
Search tags for this page

daemon started successfully checking for device

is debugging and rooting the same thing
restart adb server on desktop and re-login