Help with Root Please

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its nothing to do with ota or roms or anything its marketwide.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I installed it last night, I haven't done anything on the market yet since the update.

Just tried to download somthing from the market and it isn't working. It's most likley the market and not our phones.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh btw I'm just trying to spread the word. DO NOT SBF AFTER UPDATE. It will brick your phone.

OP
R
Reaction score
I don't even now what SBF is, but i'll keep that in mind. Btw, I managed to download and install one application, Advanced Task Killer. No, I don't use or like task killers, i was just downloading it as a test and it worked. I went to go update google maps, its switching between saying "download unsuccessful" and "download paused".

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's weird I wonder why atk worked. But anyway if you don't know what an sbf is then you don't need to worry about it but its basically flashing the phone back to different builds which is now not possible because the new update isn't backward compatible.

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm confused if SBF is a type of action, or an actual program. Is there an alternative way to accomplish what SBF could do?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sbf is (from my understanding) the last resort for most people when something goes wrong with the phone usually due to messing up filesystems when flashing a rom. It basically reverts the device to a safe state but right now its not usable after the update. I would excersize total caution with altering the filesystems after the update.