Help with Remote desktop

jedibandit

Reaction score
I have widows vista home. Is there a remote desktop that will allow me to play music from my computer over the internet on my droid? Thanks

kilo

Reaction score
I think the paid version of Remote RDP supports sound but I would imagine it would be choppy and compressed sound. I used to try to stream audio from my home computer at school both behind > 6 meg pipes and sometimes it would be skippy, Im doubting the performance you would get through 3g.

Anywho, curiously, why don't you jsut put the music on your 16gb sd card? Or grab a larger card if its not enough. They are getting a lot cheaper these days. :)

OP
J

jedibandit

Reaction score
I've tried Remote RDP but I couldn't get it to work. I read it only works with vista business or ultimate. I've got 50gb plus of music. Not that I need to listen to all of it but I would like access to it and put some movies on the sd.

alucardx

Reaction score
RDP will not play sound and possibly video over the protocal to where you're viewing the session (another pc, your phone, etc). it's made really for 1-way administration of your machine.

what you're looking for is some sort of streaming application. i think the newest windows media player with win7 can do this but I don't know what clients it supports probably only other windows machines.

Artimis

Reaction score
Not remote desktop per say but ORB should allow you to do this.