Help with re-root

exploit172

Reaction score
So I rooted my razr quite some time ago with the eternity project one click root. Things have been great since. The other day i downloaded an app called stick for mounting a usb thumb drive to my phone. This was with a stock rom. Suddenly i could no longer connect the internet with my browser using my provider data signaling. However wifi worked fine. I decided to unroot my root and did so by factory resetting my phone. I still have safestrap installed and would like to know how to root this device again even though i still have safestrap on it. Im running ICS 4.0.4 and have had trouble finding a root package installer for this ole ICS..LOL. I would think that having safestrap as a bootloader should be no problem but I would rather know from someone with experience if it will work or if i have to go about rooting differently. Much help would be appreciated:)

OP
exploit172

exploit172

Reaction score
Nobody has an answer to this damn question..... really?!?!?..wtf?!?!?lololol:blink:

Simplified : I had been rooted....now im unrooted...but with safestrap still installed...should i use a simple root...or a utility?

Update : Phone rooted successfully. If you are unrooted and still have safestrap installed, root with a utility. Skip reinstalling safestrap. From what I've seen don't use one click methods that come packaged with it...Peace and thanks for the help community (sarcasm)...:icon_ devil:

collinjm01

Reaction score
Nobody has an answer to this damn question..... really?!?!?..wtf?!?!?lololol:blink:

Simplified : I had been rooted....now im unrooted...but with safestrap still installed...should i use a simple root...or a utility?

Update : Phone rooted successfully. If you are unrooted and still have safestrap installed, root with a utility. Skip reinstalling safestrap. From what I've seen don't use one click methods that come packaged with it...Peace and thanks for the help community (sarcasm)...:icon_ devil:

What utility did you use?
Im Trying Casual Publix Beta... doesnt recognize the phone.
also, where are the Drivers, most links are dead?

Thanks

OP
exploit172

exploit172

Reaction score
What utility did you use?
Im Trying Casual Publix Beta... doesnt recognize the phone.
also, where are the Drivers, most links are dead?

Thanks

Can't remember the utility name but if you would like I can upload the zip to you. Not sure if it comes with the drivers for it but I believe it does. When I get home from work I will check and see....I'll post the download link when I get home from work. BTW...If you need the drivers you can get them from motorolas website directly....I did and if the utilty comes with the drivers then it will just overwrite the current drivers with any issues