Help with Puerto Rico Trip and Service

pyro6128

Reaction score
I need a bit of help. I'm going to be going to puerto rico on saturday for a funeral. I'll be there for a week. The area I'm going to be going to is covered according to this map

Calling From Puerto Rico

Now I have a lot of school work that needs to get done during this week and I need to make sure I have internet access. I'm pretty sure my grandmothers house will not have internet or wifi set up.

My question is, what can I do to make sure I don't have a huge bill when I come back, and what can I do to ensure that I have internet access?

I was thinking of going to verizon and buying the fivespot global hotspot, using it for the week and then returning it. Any thoughts?

I really just need the best solution to make sure I can have internet access and not have a crazy bill. I really do appreciate any help

cjv1982

Reaction score
I would call verizon and have them upgrade your plan for the time you are there, than put it back when your home again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I got off the phone with verizon and was told that there was no plan that covered puerto rico and that I would have to pay per kb to use data in PR. Does anyone here know if this is accurate? Maybe someone who works for verizon on this board could chime in?

Its really important that I be able to use the internet while in P.R. I have some huge projects I'm working on

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i would call again as far as i know PR is part of the standard nationwide coverage area look at this map.

Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless

i dont think they have 3g there but you will get 1x .... yes 1x is slow but its better then nothing...... i was down in PR twice over the last year and i remember data being slow but it was working..... i never saw any extra charges on my bill either.