Help with PhoneMyPC

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. You can "interact live" which means I can open programs, close windows, get to the command prompt etc.

She was having a hard time remembering how to burn a DVD from a file she downloaded from Isohunt.com so I took over the PC and did it. She just had to sit back and watch.

Granted, it's not lightning quick, and sometimes I have to super zoom in to be able to actually touch the X or something on a window, but it definitely works.

That is really neat...does PhoneMyPC have multitouch to assist with the zooming you your talking about? I figured it would have too considering the amount of zooming one would have to do to actually see a lot of things...

And Martin, I just uninstalled 1.0.15 from my computer, downloaded the file again from the website, and it still says 1.0.15? Nothing changed

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Thought id say that i use this Mostly While sitting in front of my computer. Why you Ask?

Well i have a PC dedicated to my TV, and my droid makes an AWESOME wireless keyboard and mouse!

I also cannot get the Keyboard to work via interact live, and i have just downloaded the PC app. hmmmm

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
And also Martin, the quote you stated said that PhoneMyPC 1.0.18 was coming out today, but its not on the website either, so I don't know. I'll figure it out later though

krazykid6911

Reaction score
:yeahbaby01: "Yeah they don't make 'em like this anymore...
icon_%20devil.gif
"

Matter of Fact they never made em like this before!
The Droid is Rare like Mr Clean With hair....

Sorry reminded me of a song i liked lol

Reaction score
I'd just like to toss in a few comments about things I've seen here.

About downloading the latest version of the PC app
We've found that some browsers' caches are holding the previous version and refusing the download the latest one. Also, if the file has been downloaded before and is downloaded again, i will often be renamed by the browser to something like "PhoneMyPC(2).msi," and people mistakenly run the old installer. So, you can clear your browser cache, and/or just delete the old download before downloading again.

About the keyboard working
With build 1.0.15 the keyboard code was substantially improved. So you need at least that version of the PC software. 1.0.16 is only different in that it has support for typing the underscore (_) character; an oversight from 1.0.15 that we fixed.

Also, on most phones you can hold the menu key to get a soft keyboard to show. This keyboard is shown by Android and is not available to PhoneMyPC, so will not work. To get a soft keyboard in PhoneMyPC, you must press Menu, Keyboard, although we do hope to fix this so we can use the system shortcut too.

About sitting in front of the PC you are controlling
I do this all the time! I use the "Control Mouse + Keys" feature, along with the DPAD mapped to mouse wheel, while sitting back comfortably away from my mouse and keyboard, while reading (most often I'm staring at my own code...PhoneMyPC code, that is...).

comiTEST

Reaction score
Execute Actions Prob

Sry to be digging up old threads but searched and searched and couldn't find an answer. Figured this might get me the fastest response.

When setting up actions I ran into a snag. With setting up a simple: Open Browser ==> Open Page action, in Chrome/IE it will open the browser but then it will try and open up page "exe" and not the page specified. In Firefox, it will open page "exe" in one tab and the specified address in another tab. I figure this isn't the desired effect and its probably something I am doing wrong.

My command line is: (browser of choice).exe http://www.(site).com

And btw, I'm assuming the "browse button" in the edit actions window is something that will be implemented later on right? and not just a bugged version for windows 7.

Reaction score
Hello,

The most reliable way to get answers is to email us. We never take a day to respond, rarely take more than 6 hours, and usually take only 15 minutes.

The Action issue is a known bug. It has been fixed and will be available in the next release.

The simplest solution is to create a batch file to run your browser, then create an action to run the batch file. Do not use spaces in the name of the batch file.

For e.g., create "browse.bat" at c:\.

In that file, put something like this:

dir [directory for browser]
start [browser of choice].exe ... fIENDISH.net ....[site].com

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No you need to choose the first option, which is "control mouse+keys" for the keyboard to work.

Not true, I use interact live with physical keyboard, I hit menu on the keyboard then A-Z text and works just fine.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Need some help, after I did a system reset, no computers show up in the PC List..?? I entered pw, I think, right one and user name but no way to check it.. or look it up1?

miosis

Reaction score
Need some help, after I did a system reset, no computers show up in the PC List..?? I entered pw, I think, right one and user name but no way to check it.. or look it up1?

Just re-enter your username and password to something you are certain of in the desktop app and re-enter the user and pass for the android app. Make sure you are not leaving a space after the user or pass in android. I have never had any issues at all with this app and use it daily. FTR I use it on several computers.