help with phone calls

wendy5001

Reaction score
so after using my Droid :motdroidhoriz: for a week, and I love it, I still suffer from accidently hanging up on people and also "dialing" on them. any way to prevent this? I've tried holding the phone away from my face (duh) but then they have trouble hearing me and I turn into one of those people where you can hear both end of the conversations...lol don't know if i have to deal, if there is an app, or I'm just Droid challanged. Thanks

JCo352

Reaction score
I've heard long hair can give the proximity sensor problems, make sure there is no hair between your droid and your ear.

OP
wendy5001

wendy5001

Reaction score
I do have long hair and no one ever mentioned that to me! Where is the sensor? am I going to have wear a ponytail from now on??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just make sure the proximity sensor comes on. Hold the phone under your hair pressed to your face. Maybe toss your hair to the other side.

Ponytail works too. :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, it's either your hair or your sideburns. And we just assumed....:D

OP
wendy5001

wendy5001

Reaction score
lol. no sideburns :biggrin: this is the only thing about the phone I don't like. never had a problem with my previous touchscreen (LG Dare) though I'm coming from a BB Tour. Why so sensitive?