Help with overclocking?

B

budmonster

Could someone please help me figure out what settings to use for Jrummy's OC app? I'm currently on the DX w/ GB Deodexed 596, not on a ROM. I removed some junk apps from the system but my phone still dies very quickly after light use. I'll go to bed at 90% wake up in the AM with 20 or so? I'm going to need to use my phone for around 6 hours on Sunday, taking photos, videos and using the browser a lot.

Can someone please tell me what settings I should use? What voltage to use, the speed, what should I make the profiles, etc.? This has probably been covered on here already so I do apologize. If there is a link on here covering all this please post it for me. if not, if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't get much time to read up on the forums lately due to work and the little ones.

Thanks
-bud

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you're device is going from 90% - 20% overnight, I have to assume you aren't making use of the battery saver options.

You probably have email, social sites, weather, or something else syncing too frequently.

As far as clocking, turn it down to 400, if you need it to go faster, adjust it on the fly.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the app quickclock advanced. This will calibrate the cpu/voltage and give you the min and max levels. Use droid overclock to enable the smartass governor (best one imo). PM me if you need help with the app. I'm telling you, this is a must have app because each phone (cpu) is unique.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0