Help With Overclock on ICS 232 and other Q's

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
Ok guys here's the problem. On my update to the ICS leak 232 everything went fine and dandy and can even overclock to 1.3Ghz just fine.
The problem is that my minimum clock speed let's say I set it to 1Ghz will revert to stock 300Mhz when in screen-off mode for a period of time.
I would like to know why it does that and how to make it stay as the modified value.
Second question. Are there any new things in the 246 OTA? Or should I just stay in the 232 leak as I am now.
Thanks

jayman350

Reaction score
can't answer your oc question, but you should def jump to 246. i was on 232 for a while and it was perfectly serviceable, but 246 is the OTA so you will have to make the move to that at some point in time to be able to get future updates. aside from being the ota, 246 has much improved battery life (at least for me) and overall appears to be a much more polished build.

OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
Well that's good if it has better battery life because on .232 my battery has been draining very fast especially since I was able to get the 200Mhz boost to 1.2Ghz when I installed .232. Might end up making the jump when I have time. Thanks. Would like to know if some others know about the Overclock problem.

OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Yes you can FXZ to .246 if you have the actual FXZ file.

OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
Yes you can FXZ to .246 if you have the actual FXZ file.
Ok. Thought I had to FXZ to stock 905 THEN update to 246. That would take forever. This makes it so much easier. Thanks.:yr1:
And do you have any info on the OC problem I'm having? Other forums don't seem to be answering and can't find related problems on other Droid Bionics.

Last edited:
OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
Still having issues with overclocking. Factory Reset does nothing. Wiping Cache and Dalvik Cache does nothing. -_-. Don't know what to do.

Last edited:
OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
Ok guys overclocking is weird. I figured out that it doesn't happen during screen-off but happens whenever it wants (minimum reverting to 300 max staying whatever I put it as) Any advice on why minimum keeps reverting when it wants? Never happened to me on Gingerbread.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Go straight to 246 with the FXZ file and instructions in my signature below.
Just make sure you backup anything you want to keep on the internal memory.

As far as your over clocking issue you are setting the max speed under load, the phone will idle down to the lower clock speed to save battery when not needed.

OP
J

JaysonRhyner

Reaction score
sst45jeff said:
Go straight to 246 with the FXZ file and instructions in my signature below.
Just make sure you backup anything you want to keep on the internal memory.

As far as your over clocking issue you are setting the max speed under load, the phone will idle down to the lower clock speed to save battery when not needed.

Ok. Will do during the weekend. And the overclocking issue only happens to the Minimum Value while the Max Value stays whatever I set it as. I usually have it set as 1.3Ghz Max and 1.0Ghz Min but it keeps going to 1.3Ghz Max and 300Mhz Min. It is really weird and notice slowdown in games when it does the change at random times.

Last edited: