help with outgoing mail

biglinc

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to send e mails I have called time warner roadrunner and they said everything was perfect I really need some help!

swallisa

Reaction score
What smtp server are you using and I assume you have no password for outgoing server?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sending roadrunner email only works if you are connected via wifi where you have your roadrunner email account set up on your pc. It took me awhile to figure this out... I compose a message to send, then it finally sends when I m connected at home. I believe verizon.net and possible all pop email accounts do the same thing. If anyone knows a work-around so that you can send rr email when you are out and about, that would be great but as of yet, I haven't discovered any.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

biglinc

Reaction score
thanks for your help I went to verison and they put k9 mail on it and now it works flawlessly

scott32746

Reaction score
I use gmail to send with. I can get mail from home server but could send. With gmail I can send on both 3G and wifi

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Am I understanding correctly... with K9 mail, I will be able to send email from my rr email account without having to wait until I'm at home wifi-ed into my server? Thank you, I m going to check that out now!