Help with notification sounds

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jwess8581, Jan 30, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jwess8581

jwess8581 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When i first got the phone two days ago, i would receive this "Droid" voice when i received a new alert and I could also read it across the top of my phone. That was perfect but now I am not able to hear the alert. All that happens is a flashing green light and thats it. No vibration of noise. Please help me get the phone back to were it needs to be. i have checked the setting but I am lost at this point. I need someone who understand the Android Operating system.
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of ways to check/change the notification settings for your apps.

First go into each of the apps (email, messaging) and hit the menu key. Go to Settings > Notifications > Notification sounds > set it for the "Droid" sound and also check vibrate. Then within the Notification settings you should see a choice to have it list in the Notification Bar.

If you are wanting to have the notification as a "blanket" notification.... From your home screen, go menu > settings > sound > Notification > then choose the "Droid" and vibrate.

Hope this helps and answers your questions.
Search tags for this page

android 2.2 sound notification

android froyo notification sound

android uninstall notification sounds

how do i remove droid noise alert

how to cancel sound on notifications on droid x

how to delete notification sound on andriod phones

how to delete sound notifications on android

how to remove sound notifications from android