Help with notification sounds

jwess8581

Reaction score
When i first got the phone two days ago, i would receive this "Droid" voice when i received a new alert and I could also read it across the top of my phone. That was perfect but now I am not able to hear the alert. All that happens is a flashing green light and thats it. No vibration of noise. Please help me get the phone back to were it needs to be. i have checked the setting but I am lost at this point. I need someone who understand the Android Operating system.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of ways to check/change the notification settings for your apps.

First go into each of the apps (email, messaging) and hit the menu key. Go to Settings > Notifications > Notification sounds > set it for the "Droid" sound and also check vibrate. Then within the Notification settings you should see a choice to have it list in the Notification Bar.

If you are wanting to have the notification as a "blanket" notification.... From your home screen, go menu > settings > sound > Notification > then choose the "Droid" and vibrate.

Hope this helps and answers your questions.