1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

help with nandroid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hockeyfreakb4, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 New Member

im trying to use droid root help but it wont work for some reason. i go through the whole process and reboot into recovery but i have to nandroid sub menu and i still have the standard recovery img. i got my droid today and it updated to 2.0.1 and im just trying to get nandroid working so i can backup and get the multitouch browser. if you had a good tutorial on that id like that too. thanks!
  2. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

re-read the tutorial on recovery.

Search for a thread here called "custom recovery image" you'll see there's a step that involves renaming boot.p to boot.old or something like that. This prevents the system from reinstalling the standard recovery image on reboot.

Good luck.
  3. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 New Member

ya i did that but maybe i didnt do it correctly do i do that before or after i flash the new recovery.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

You can do it either before the flash or after, but before you reboot the phone. Personally, I would do it after flash, to confirm that you got no error messages during flash. If you rename and the new flash does not work then you have no proper recovery. Unfortunately there is no good way to confirm flash has taken properly other than any error messages, but it is a solid process, and you just need to document exactly what you have done and are going to do to troubleshoot any issues.

Craig