1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by phreak9002, Mar 15, 2011.

1. phreak9002

phreak9002 New Member

I have the Droid 2 Global. I have root. Rom Manager has root access. I have flashed ClockworkMod Recovery numerous times, the popup happens instantly. For some reason, when I use the reboot into recovery option in RM, when the phone boots back up, the progress bar makes it about 1/3 of the way, then locks, and reboots the phone like a normal boot sequence. I am trying to create the nandroid backup so that I can start playing with ROMs and unlocking my phone's true potential. Please help me out, if any other information is needed, let me know.
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Throw ROM Manager out the window and go grab the D2 Bootstrapper from the market and use that :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. phreak9002

phreak9002 New Member

I had considered this, but I was too lazy/cold to go get my debit card from the car to make the req'd $2 donation.
  4. phreak9002

phreak9002 New Member

New question; what exactly am I supposed to be doing with the Droid 2 Bootstrap App?
  5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

the bootstrapper is the ony way to get a custom recvery o your phone. once you get it, open the app and hit bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery and it will get you in to clockwork recovery. that is where you will make backups and flash roms. you will use the volume rocker to navigate and the camera button as an enter key and the power button as a back key.
  6. phreak9002

phreak9002 New Member

It froze up when rebooting. I pulled the battery to reset, being as it was stuck at the recovery screen (android guy holding yellow caution sign). When I went to power my phone back on, it conveniently loaded up clockwork recovery. Making backup now. :)
  7. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

good deal. if you have any other questions about clockwork, let us know. you can do some good damage in there if you dont know what youre doing
  8. phreak9002

phreak9002 New Member

I guess the only question I have now is; is it possible to successfully load and run PE on the D2G?
  9. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

pe was a droid 1 rom right? I cant remember but if it was then the answer is no. The only roms you can flash on a global are droid 2 roms that you convert for global with the git r done rom tool. I'll grab a link for you, brb.
  10. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad