Help with my Droid 2 Global (Bricked)

trinijstn

Reaction score
Okay...All night i have been researching and trying to find a solution without SBF'ing but i guess there is none but i wanted one final answer. I have a droid 2 global that is flashed to metropcs and is sim unlocked (it worked in Trinidad) and i was completing a backup last night in clockwork mod like usual and was going to restore because my swype stopped working. After to backup completed with no issues my phone rebooted and is now stuck on the motorola M screen.

1- is the only way to fix this is SBF'ing?

2-will i lose the sim unlock if i SBF i know i will lose the metro flash for sure.

3-Is it true all i have to do to get the metro flash back is flash he NV items from whiterabbit because this phone is still on the metropcs network. Also this phone have been flashed twice already due to stupid stuff i have been doing :( and i am tired of wasting money paying to flash and it seems like the guy keeps raising the price every time he see's me, now its like $90 (without mms i have to fix that when come home).

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Can you get back into clockwork recovery or stick recovery. If so try wiping data/ cache and rebooting. That should not affect the radio settings, sbf'ing will. But then again I am not sure what all is affected when its flashed.to metro.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
T

trinijstn

Reaction score
No i can't get back into clockwork recovery only the stock recovery, and i have tried wiping data/ cache and rebooting numerous times with no luck only dead batteried because the phone doesnt charge either when stuck in bootloader. Thanks a million for your reply though

*is there a way to force clockwork recovery to boot. i can get into bootloader and stock recovery fine but not clockwork. which is why this is bothering me because that is the only reason i installed clockwork

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
On DROIDs, due to their locked bootloaders, CWM is started via a hijack mechanism. So, essentially, you can only get into CWM if you manage to get the OS to boot.

Try connecting the phone to a PC with Android SDK installed; if you get adb to connect, try issuing “adb shell reboot recovery”.