help with music files

itslikecrackyo

Reaction score
Hey I'm still new to my phone and I've figured most of it out except for a couple of things. One of them is that my ringtones download to my SD card and they mix in with my music. Assuming it's possible, how can I move them to another folder, or to my phone, or something? Thanks.

Ataranine

Reaction score
What I did was make a folder called "Android" in the root of the SD card, then a Media folder, then an Audio folder, and then folders for Notifications, Alarms, etc.
SDCard/Android/Media/Audio/Ringtones
That's where my ringtones are.
If the files are put in a Ringtones folder, the music player should not add them as music files.

Always keep your Ringtones, Notifications separate from your Music files.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You don't have to create the android folder. You can simply create a media folder, then create the others inside. Putting the media folder in another folder of any name will still work though, but the phone recognizes the media folder and the others and makes the files inside show up accordingly where you want them.

:D

iWordplay

Reaction score
What I did was make a folder called "Android" in the root of the SD card, then a Media folder, then an Audio folder, and then folders for Notifications, Alarms, etc.
If the files are put in a Ringtones folder, the music player should not add them as music files.

I did something similar to this but then my ringtones didn't work and had to download them all over again.

Ataranine

Reaction score
You don't have to create the android folder. You can simply create a media folder, then create the others inside. Putting the media folder in another folder of any name will still work though, but the phone recognizes the media folder and the others and makes the files inside show up accordingly where you want them.

:D
I made the Android folder on mine to keep it more organized. I know you don't have to. :)

Ataranine

Reaction score

I did something similar to this but then my ringtones didn't work and had to download them all over again.
I make my ringtones myself with RingDroid. They add them as the appropriate files and I can easily find them when I want to use one.

OP
I

itslikecrackyo

Reaction score
That's exactly what I want to do, but I don't know how to do it. So how would I go about moving a few dozen ringtones to a new folder?