1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Mod/Customizing Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ocdrummer2011, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ocdrummer2011

ocdrummer2011 New Member

Lately I've been customizing a lot of different things on my droid (ex. like with the framework-res.apk)

I want to take it a step further and learn more. How would I go about in changing the notification bar color...like where the 3G/Battery/Clock display is at?

2. Savidi

Savidi New Member

Im in the same boat :icon_eek: lol... hopefully someone here can help you.. damn i dont even know what the framework -res.apk is lol. Mine are all Trial and error. I know a few things like Spfrecovery with rsdlite,nandroid backup, and thats pretty much it lol. I have BB V0.2 froyo 2.2 and Black Ice theme that all
  3. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

The notification bar background is in framework-res.apk. If you mean text color, that is a bit trickier and I will let someone else explain in detail.
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Editing the images is easy - you can just drop new png files into the framework and everything is happy. The text color on the other hand is a little messy. Android has these "xml files" that are not actually standard XML files - they are binary compiled XML. To edit them, you have look up the correct offsets and modify the value at that location. It's a real pain in the butt to do it manually.

Somebody wrote a nice java app that does it for you, though. You just pull the system.jar and framework-res.apk files off your phone and run the colorChange.jar file on them. It will perform the text edit for you and re-pack the files. You can then push them back to your phone and see the results. Be sure to make a backup before each change - even the most innocuous change to framework can render your phone unbootable!

colorChange.jar v3.1 - Modify Cyan template text colors [ALL VERSIONS] 11/29 - xda-developers
  5. ocdrummer2011

ocdrummer2011 New Member

Thanks for the responses!

This is what I've themed so far...

When I get home tonight i'll try working with the xml files :)