1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Metamorph PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by GeneRs, Feb 26, 2010.

1. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

I've got Metamorph all up and ( I think ) working. However, when I try to install a theme I get the message

"The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could not be read and may be missing"

I was able to get the Smoked Glass them to install but have got this same message on DROIDINATOR, HI-RES BLUE, and HI-RES RED. Any ideas?

Thanx for the help gang
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah the theme control file has to be present within the zip file for it to work..

Maybe the download link you got was a bad one....try finding the themes somewhere else maybe
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm no expert but i think there are three kinds of theme files. the ones that are designed to work unaltered with mm, the kind that are meant to be unzipped first and then there are "update.zip" files that are meant to be renamed to update.zip and installed from sprecovery. You might try unzipping the files that don't have the control file in them. But if you unzip the file, be sure you don't end up with a folder in a folder. When you select the to unzip the file be sure to select the "unzip here" option. The move the newly created folder to the androidthemes folder on the sdcard.
  4. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Tried this method. Got back "No files" in top left corner when trying to apply with MM.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

When you look inside a theme that is for MM, you should see 2-10 folders and at least one file. If you don't see that it's not an MM file. That is my understanding of MM files.

Admittedly I've only done a few MM changes, but they all followed that pattern. I had a few that gave me the message you're getting and unzipping them made them available and they worked. When you open the theme's folder you should not see another folder with the name of the theme on it. You should see the multiple folders and a file or two. Good luck.
  6. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Unzip the themes on your computer. Once on your computer look for a .thm file with in that folder. If there isn't one, it isn't meant to be done through MM.