Help with mass storage

cokeman277296

Reaction score
I got the new ICS and when I plug my maxx to my laptop all it does is charge and nothing else. I was wanting to transfer music to on my laptop to my phone but i cant do it now. Before ICS when I plugged it up my computer I could get into my phone files and now it dont show up anywhere.

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Try Settings > Developer options > and check Usb Debugging. Plug it back into your computer and see if it shows up.

merryvale

Reaction score
Do you have the latest Motorola drivers on the laptop?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Try going to Settings -> Storage -> Menu -> USB computer connection and selecting Mass Storage. Then back out of the settings and connect it to your computer. If it doesn't show up on your computer after doing that, look at your notification bar. Is there an icon on the far left of the bar that isn't usually there? If so, try pulling the notification bar down to see what options it gives you. One of them should be mass storage.

Do you have the latest Motorola drivers on the laptop?

Good point. The drivers should automatically load, but depending on the type of computer and OS, they may not. The latest drivers can be downloaded here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA.

Last edited:

crowbar3m

Reaction score
I also am having the same problem. Have used a different cable to factory rest and all the things in this post. :blink: