Help with making a flashable zip

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
So I just made a package of apps for my release and had it to install apps to /system but it didn't work should it go to /data? And how do you make a text appear when installing like "thank-you for installing this zip" I have a general idea but am a little unsure

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The apps should be in the "apps" folder. Which would be inside the system folder. Or open up a rom and look at its file structure.

The text is located in META-INF\com\google\android\ and is called the "updater-script". I edit that with notepad++.
The one I edited for my D1 looks like this:

show_progress(0.200000, 10);
ui_print("CJM's Theme . . . . . . . Installing");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 40);
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
show_progress(0.100000, 10);
ui_print("CJM's Theme . . . . . . . Installed");
ui_print("Install complete. .Reboot system now");

unmount("/system");

You would put whatever text you want to appear like this: ui_print("thank-you for installing this zip"); or: ui_print("Installing WilfulHippo's zip");

I didnt make that whole update.zip file. It was something posted as a "blank" zip file in this forum. I just changed the updater-script. I'm not sure it would be same for the DX.

You could also take a look, or post your question here:Up and Coming Themers

Here's a link that might help: How to Create Android Update Zip Package | All About Web & Mobile Application Development

If you have any questions, just ask. I'll try and help. Or post you text for the updater-script and we'll see if we can figure it out.

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Thanks so much that's super helpful

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums