Help with installing 9.16.6.en.us on rooted Maxx HD

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
JpCalhoun good stuff and great explanation

"This process worked for me. A word of CAUTION here. Once you have elected to take the last OTA update...to 4.1.2, there is no going back to 4.0.4 or 4.1.1. So, if you loose root during that last OTA then you will be on 4.1.2 without root until someone figures out how to root 4.1.2 (which hopefully will be pretty soon)."

Matt says maybe another week or so?
Thanks...hope it helps someone. Let's hope Matt is right...he usually is:biggrin:

OP
S

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
yes I used a filter on Tit. backup to re-enable all the frozen stuff
reuped my binaries on Su
deleted the saved root and then resaved and unrooted
installed the update 4.1.2
runs better then it ever has sweet update , rooted back with Voodo all is good
I really like the update

Hijackers, in case anyone's interested, I successfully updated my phone to 4.1.2 using Snowman's method. Once I figured out to tap "defrost" rather than "restore" in TB. Worked like a charm.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hijackers, in case anyone's interested, I successfully updated my phone to 4.1.2 using Snowman's method. Once I figured out to tap "defrost" rather than "restore" in TB. Worked like a charm.
Great, do you have root?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
yeah, we should have picked up on the restore versus defrost thing, LOL.

OP
S

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
Yup, have root no problem with that whatsoever. But a lot of my contacts from backup asst. plus have gone missing.

scion676

Reaction score
Several days after I upgraded to 4.1.2 I had some data connectivity issues (my data would show as blue but it would work. Toggling the airplane mode didn't help either. I had to restart the phone. Also my gmail has been a bit buggy since the app last updated. Not cool since my job uses Google apps...

I'm a little wary but it's acting OK right now...