Help with installing 2.2 from 2.1 (ROOTED)

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Ok, I will try that... Just to be clear, I am to download the driver (64 bit) from the zipped file from the SBF right or is there another?? If so, then that's the driver I used. I used the driver that came with the zipped SBF file.

Wow... It's just been a pain and I'm not sure why. If it doesn't work, then I hope the official update loads like it's suppose to...

Last edited:
OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
I might have figured out the problem. RSD is a 4.7 version program. The driver (64 bit) I was provided from the website ran with the 4.6 version (driver is 4.6.5) so I'm going to check to see if there's a matching 4.7 version.

Edit: Update - I found a 4.7.1 version from Motorola...

Last edited:
OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
I downloaded the 4.7.1 driver version direct from Motorola and tried that after completely wiping out RSD, the SBF and the other driver (4.6.5 version).

I reinstalled RSD, moved the ini file into the root folder, installed the 4.7.1 driver, updated the driver, plugged in my phone - PC mode/USB debug mode, went into Bootloader, and it failed right off.

I just hope that the official update doesn't have problems.

I also tried doing the update.zip from my SD card, just for kicks and giggles...

Assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_shadow" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_shadow"

This is interesting, b/c I was still getting the original error after I changed all of my system/app files back over to the original .apk apps.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input and help!

I tried installing the new update w/o success so as I came to my other job, I made sure to uninstall everything. One thing I didn't think of the other night was the MotoConnect and downloaded the newest version. Apparently, that was the problem.

In summary, I was then able to complete the reversion to 2.1 stock and am now running 2.2 - OTA version. Now, if I can get it rooted and change from this theme...I'll be content.

Again, thank you all....