1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with icons

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by actngrezy, May 20, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy Beta Team Developer

Ok well I did this first with the calculator and it worked fine. I copied the calculator.apk to my desktop replace the png image for the icon witout unzipping it just leaving it up in winrar the replacin image with another from my desktop with tth esame name.
    Well I tried to do this for taskkiller and a few other market apps so I can have my full theme with all of my apps but its not workign for some reason. I was sure if I am breaking the signing or what its doing but once I replace the png file it wont install.
    Now I do have the signing tool but not java because I heard yoru not suppose to sign things with windows 7 which I dont know how true that is but one is there a way besides better cut to change my icon because I want the icon in the app drawer changed also.
    If not can I download java and sign my apks so I can reinstall them?
    Also I tried to replace the png file with ninja morph and that wouldn't work either once I do that app dissapears?
  2. actngrezy

actngrezy Beta Team Developer

update: well I moved the apk to my system/apps folder and then it worked. I just changed permissions and it was the icon was there.
  3. Tater630

Tater630 New Member

Where Can i Find Battery Icons ??
  4. Tater630

Tater630 New Member

lol sorry for metamorph v1.9.8.5
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

/system/framework/framework-res.apk
  6. Tater630

Tater630 New Member

where can i get that combo?? using ROM Manager or Metamorph. If maetamorph plz give me the link