Help with Helix Launcher

Sandi527

Reaction score
I did a system update this morning and after that I was getting constant "force close" messages for Helix Launcher. I pulled the battery and that didn't help so I uninstalled it. When I went to re-install I couldn't find it in the Market Place. What happened to it???

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Helix Launcher does not work with Froyo (OS 2.2), you'll have to pick a different launcher.

ADWLauncher or LauncherPro or the two biggies now anyway.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Helix 1.4 does work on 2.2 but it is available by donation only from the devs site, Launcher Pro has all of the options that Helix has and some plus it's free

As an Ex-Helix user, I am 100% satisfied with launcher pro

backlash

Reaction score
Helix 1.4 does work on 2.2 but it is available by donation only from the devs site, Launcher Pro has all of the options that Helix has and some plus it's free

As an Ex-Helix user, I am 100% satisfied with launcher pro
I had the same exact issue this morning. I've been using Helix Launder 2 for months now.

Just made the switch to Launcherpro today. I really really really really like it.

OP
S

Sandi527

Reaction score
I installed Launcher Pro and it's working great!! Thanks!!

jmarcel66

Reaction score
How were you guys able to get past the constant "Force Closes"? I have same problem, but I can't do anything except acknowledge the Force Close and Report the problem.

Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
How were you guys able to get past the constant "Force Closes"? I have same problem, but I can't do anything except acknowledge the Force Close and Report the problem.

Are you stuck in a force close loop, I am guessing Helix is set as your default launcher and a result of this you cannot do anything else on your phone, did you just update to 2.2, what brought this about?

jmarcel66

Reaction score

Are you stuck in a force close loop, I am guessing Helix is set as your default launcher and a result of this you cannot do anything else on your phone, did you just update to 2.2, what brought this about?

Yes to all of the above. However, right after I posted, I was finally able to push through and uninstall Helix. Oddly, the default went from 3 screens to 5 (had three when I started w/helix).

Now going to decide if I want to try Launcher Pro, ADW or stick w/the default.

Thanks,
John

jmarcel66

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info. I'm going to check out Launcher Pro and see if I like it.

Normie32r

Reaction score
I am stuck in an endless Helix2 Force Close loop. How do I get out??? Help please!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turn off the phone. While turning it on, hold the menu button on the hardware keyboard. Hold it till the phone is fully booted up. Now you can go into your settings and remove helix.

Sent from my Droid

sjstancil

Reaction score
Haven't seen any answers for this problem yet...

I have the Helix Launcher Force Loop problem like many others... However, when I boot into Safe Mode the same problem happens... Constant Force Close. When I get into the Application Manager to uninstall Helix Launcher, I can't find it in the application list. I tried installing Launcher Pro and that had no effect. I'm completely stuck! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: After the Launcher Pro install... I decided to try a reboot. That brought up a chooser window to select between Helix and Launcher. I chose Launcher Pro and that stopped the Force Close problem. However, I still can't find Helix Launcher in the application list to uninstall it. Any ideas on how I can get Helix off my Motorola Droid?

Last edited: