Help with hard restart

CherehWindwalker

Reaction score
I did a hard restart on my HTC Eris and can't get through the *228 with Verizon to reprogram it. Is there a certain time that you have to call it, are they closed right now at 03:42 AM? I am sort of worried, I had all my data saved to a SD and hope I didn't destroy my phone somehow. Any advice?

I kind of just went nuts and factory reset it because my programs were bugging out I think I got something bad and it was eating away my phone.

Thanks!!

JCo352

Reaction score
Yeah, people have had problems reactivating phones at certain times, just be patient and it will eventually work.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Do you have 1.5? If you have this version of the software there is a known issue with doing a hard reset from the Hboot menu. If you have 2.1, that shouldn't be the problem.

If you are on 2.1 and have this issue, go to the dialer, dial ##778, then go to cdma settings, go to your min and mdn, and put ill all zeros, go into modem settings, and go to slot cycle, switch it from 2 to 1, then hit the menu key and hit commit modifications.

Your phone will restart, do the ota sequence again, but this time, dial *22800, this will force it to connect to a verizon channel.

If THAT doesnt work, try another hard reset, when it goes to activate, stop it, go to emergency dialer, dial *22800 and then option 1. (HAven't tried this with 2.1 yet) Hopefully this should cure your ails.