help with google now on a droid maxx

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just got home from work and think I have confirmed that is an update to the Google app. My wife has a Moto X 2013 and she just sent me a text totally hands free using touch less controls, with a lock screen enabled. Her Google app version is 3.4.16. I updated and have 4.5.13, and it only works if the screen is already unlocked or if connected to a trusted BT device. I also noticed that asking for the weather no longer works for me if I am locked and not connected to a trusted device. Maybe another Google app update will fix it soon.

OP
T

tuner student

Reaction score
well i think i may ride it out for a bit and hopefully they fix it soon. Sucks that they made this change. I don't want to have to uninstall the updates as i'm sure there are good things in there too

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
well i think i may ride it out for a bit and hopefully they fix it soon. Sucks that they made this change. I don't want to have to uninstall the updates as i'm sure there are good things in there too
The question will be: who's fix is it? Google or Moto? The same Google app messed up the Assist app features for us and Moto X users a while back. That time, Moto issued an update to the Assist app that resolved the issue. I'm not sure Google cares about the issue since it only affects the Droid Ultra & Maxx and the Moto X 2013. Let's hope Moto issues an update to Touch less Controls soon, or fixes it while they are building 5.1 for us.

OP
T

tuner student

Reaction score
yes lets hope. cause it's a real inconvience. basically touchless control (in my eyes) is useless now. If i have to physically unlock the phone while driving to get directions, i would just type it all in to begin with.